Saturday 13 December 2014

Mounting over the fears!

"Fear does not exist anywhere except in the mind." - Dale Carnegie
Mr. Carnegie put forth this statement so appropriately in context of the human's framework of mind and the way of carrying forward the things in life.
We were born to manifest the glory that is within us to make it encompass the path of struggle and emerge victoriously.  It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone, for this is some omnipotent.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same, to discover the best in them, and to see good in everyone and everything around.  As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. In some or the other way, we are all meant to shine, as children do, as anyone would wish to shine into this world.
Back since my childhood days, I have always been afraid of water bodies like lakes, rivers, seas, etc. My father kept an eye on my this habit. He often made attempts to get me rid off this fear by storytelling, and taking me to sight-seeing that involved the scenes of vast bodies of water. It used to be fine till the time we stood and did the sight-seeing from the shores or boundaries, but when it came to river-rafting, boating, or any other water sports activity, I stepped back for the fear in the mind, may of drowning, or getting short of breath inside the water.
What was actually happening was my father was getting a personal pool prepared for the family members in the farm house. On its completion, he used to pamper me with different gifts and being drowned into his love, I always accompanied and followed him. He has his own unique ways of teaching us and making us to conquer our fears. What he used to do was that he took me to the pool place and threw me into the waters on the deeper side and asked me to reach him to the other corner. I cried initially, in the waters, but when I reached him by beating the waters inside the pool, I hugged him and he held me tightly and praised me for the attempt. On the very first day, he got me lots of gifts to keep me motivated. The same routine followed for a month or two, where father and daughter had so much fun and I was getting over my fears of drowning in the water.
From that time onwards, I have given up on my fear of water and began to cherish everything that came my way. I went for river rafting, boating, beaches, sailing across, on the cruises, and so many more. I was missing so much of fun, I realized, and I owe it completely to my father for helping me to rise and getting over the fear.
We need to be fearless, have the courage to take risks. Going around where there are no guarantees and getting out of the comfort zone even if it means being uncomfortable. The road less traveled is sometimes fraught with barricades, bumps, and uncharted terrain. But it is on that road where our character is truly tested. We must have the courage to accept that we are not perfect, nothing is and no one is — and that’s OK.
What I have come to realize through my own experiences is that each of us must confront our own fears, must come face to face with them. How we handle our fears will determine where we go with the rest of our lives. To experience adventure or to be limited by the fear of it.
For more information about MOUNTAIN DEW, visit their facebook page:  MOUNTAIN DEW INDIA.


No comments:

Post a Comment