Wednesday 4 March 2015

Life and optimism

Optimism is a choice and a way of life. We should inculcate the habit of being optimistic in our lives and give our best shot at whatever comes across our way.
There are lots of moments in life that have filled me with optimism and keep me high on hopes for the future. I would b happy to share a small story that infused optimism in me and filled me with great hopes and aspirations for the future. Optimism gives a better perspective and shape to the life. Also, it makes difficult situations to fade away, making things seem possible, easy and comfortable.
It was in March 2008 that I wrote my 12th standard board exams, and I was preparing for medical entrance exams. Also, two of my first cousins were getting married which could not be missed and one cannot escape making excuses for not attending family functions. 
My parents kept me motivating during those times and always stood beside me whenever I was feeling down due to the pressure. I was little afraid, for they had hopes from me to excel and perform the best. Also, in the first entrance exam, I did not perform good. I was gripped and filled with fears. I stopped enjoying and being part of the celebrations that were going around. There was negativity being instilled in me with the bad performance in the exam. I held myself from the fun which my cousins were having. I was drowned in my own self created pressure.
My dad was noticing the change in my actions and after a span of few days he talked to me. He started discussing things with me, and told me a lot of stories and instances of success and failures in life. Also, he narrated few of his own experiences. He read my mind so aptly that he decided to teach me some life's lessons, giving all the time that he had in the world to me.
In the midst of all that was happening around, he decided to take me on a short trip and make me optimistic about life and its offerings. I was gaining back my confidence with my father's confidence in me and giving me the best lessons of life to me. From then on, I decided to be always optimistic in life and to build good hopes for the future by enjoying the present and fusing our best efforts in the tasks that we do. Life shall give us the best and desired results, for it is a beautiful life, worries worsen the situations. 
We should not shed and shy away from any sort of difficulties or tough situations that life may present us and must be optimistic enough to handle them in the best manner and give our best possible in the various spheres of life. Optimism plays a big role in making the things fall in place and we must make the wisest efforts to present ourselves in a decent way before life.

This entry has been written in association with HOUSING.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment