Tuesday 10 March 2015

A Start to a New Life

Living up a life of one's own hopes, wishes, desires, and aspirations is a big dream come true. To make life comfortable and happening according to our won wishes and desires we need to be courageous enough to take the bold and essential steps that would take us a step closer to our destination and towards the fulfillment of goals and ambitions that we carried a long way with ourselves. It is important to be clear with our vision and must take the essential steps that are needed because there is no point in repenting about the steps that we did not take in life which were needed to be taken at certain points in life. Also, we never come out of the repentance if do not take the steps. Failure is still accepted, but not the fact of not trying to give it a try.
I wanted to be an engineer since my high school days and was studying for it. Being the youngest one in the family, I was engaged in tiny activities in the home, due to which I failed to get sufficient time for the preparations and studying for the entrance exams. It was getting difficult for me to face the problems that I was facing with my studies. 
One fine day, when I was about to give up for the engineering graduation plans, I decided to talk to my parents. They were rigid enough to not send their kids to hostels for they thought that hostel life spoils the child and they become naughty for the rest of their lives.
I made them talk to my teachers and other seniors who had the experience of staying away from family and preparing for the exams. They were little convinced on talking to them. I still did not give up on convincing my parents to take up this crucial decision for me and allow me to stay in the school hostel for my exams. Though my parents were convinced of the potential I had and about my skills to clear the exams, but they were scared of the view of sending me away from home. Their fears were also not wrong since no one had ever stepped out from the family for staying in hostels and schools for their studies.
After I was done with my half yearly exams, and with a slow down in my performance as compared to earlier times which was not deliberate, my parents gave it a second thought of sending me away from home for my higher sceondary education. I had my own fears in my mind of staying away from family and carrying all of my activities on my own which were earlier taken care by my mother.
My father got me admitted in the school hostel and blessed me to carry out my studies in the best possible manner and excel in life. 
Then I spent nearly two years of my life in hostel, learned a lot of things like how to carry out my other activities apart from studying, good management skills to balance all the activities and cracked the exams. I got into the engineering college of my choice and made everyone in the family proud and happy.
That was an important step I took in my life to convince my parents and step out of the home for the first time to achieve my subsequent aim which made me stand where I am today.
This entry is written for HOUSING.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment